Eat and eat to your heart's content

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Philly Eats - Part 3

Time for ice cream!

Being a huge fan of Man vs. Food and Adam Richman, I knew I had to visit The Franklin Fountain for a unique ice cream experience. The Franklin Fountain is a lovely, old timey ice cream parlour. The decor is a throwback to old school Americana. Being tourists from England, I just loved the look and feel of the place. 






With a queue out the door on a hot day, I knew we were in for a treat. I chose a scoop of Butter Pecan in a sugar cone and my sister went for the famous Mint Choc Chip. Let me tell you, the ice cream here is definitely worth the wait on a hot and humid Philly day. Somehow it makes it all the more worthwhile! You don't find butter pecan that much in the UK and it was a real treat having it at the Franklin Fountain. They have a range of flavours and sundaes so there is certainly something for everyone. The ice cream here is not cheap but it's creamy and delicious. I would happily recommend the Franklin Fountain to anyone with a sweet tooth and looking for a tempting treat near Penn's landing.

Find out more:
The Franklin Fountain




No comments:

Post a Comment